1. Creating a Resume Part 1
2. Creating a Resume Part 2
3. Writing a Cover Letter Part 1
4. Writing a Cover Letter Part 2
5. Interview Skills for English Employees
6. Effective job searching in Canada
Part 2: Placement - 50% of your program
After completing the English program at ILAC, students apply their English skills and gain valuable work experience in the hospitality industry or business field. The work placement can be no more than 50% of the program length.
Locations: Toronto, Vancouver, The Rocky Mountains and Whistler
Professional Placement Opportunities:
- Business Administration, Engineering, Media, Tourism and Law. Please inquire about other professional specializations.
- Hospitality Placement Opportunities: Guest Services, Store and Sales Assistant, Restaurant Server and Housekeeping
Part 3: Research Paper
Students must research and complete a final report of at least 1,000 words based on their work placement experience, in order to receive a Study & Internship Certificate.
• $1,200 CAD
Work Placement Duration
• Minimum 8 weeks up to 50% of the entire program duration. (Please note that the minimum duration for the engineering field is 12 weeks.)
Work Placement Start Dates
• All year, however placements cannot begin between December 1st and January 15th.
• 19-30 years old
Application & Pre-Evaluation Process
1. Please take our Online English Level Test to determine your English level.
o Your program choice
o Your area of interest
o Please attach your resume in English
o Your intended start date
o Your choice of location
o Enclose your results from the online test
3. The Internship Director:
o Will send you the internship application, the required length of your study period and the start date of your work placement
o May conduct a telephone interview before you arrive
All internships are based on reaching the required English level, having the necessary education and experience, having the right attitude and flexibility; the longer the placement the greater the options.
Under HRSDC Confirmation Exemption C-30, the student is exempt from HRSDC foreign worker validation.